TWEET CHAT (#cbdchat): January 21 1-3pm ET
We are delighted to announce our very first CBD Tweet Chat. Please join us on Tuesday, January 21 from 1-3pm ET / 10am-noon PT. Our CBD Tweet Chat will be focused on Completion by Design practice and progress to date. Please follow us on #cbdchat and include #cbdchat in your tweet. Members of the CBD National Assistance Team are eager to answer any and all of your burning questions and discuss any comments so please mark your
CBD QUICK START GUIDE: CBD Pathway Analyses
CBD is creating a CBD Approach - Quick Start Guide so that community colleges can see a blue print of the holistic CBD
design process to boost completion rates for most students, by focusing on comprehensive institutional transformation at scale. Under Our Approach, find CBD's quick start compilation of resources so that more and more colleges can use the CBD Approach for their own student-completion focused work. This work is IN PROCESS so information and resources will be added when they become available. Keep checking back.
One newly added resource for the CBD Quick Start Guide is the CBD Pathway Analyses Toolkit which describes the process and model analyses that CBD colleges use to analyze students’ pathways, and develop and assess their reforms. The CBD Pathway Analyses Toolkit includes interactive templates, data definitions, and programming guidelines so colleges can conduct these model analyses with their own data. Sample analyses and case studies are
provided throughout to illustrate the uses of these analytics.
CBD BLOG POSTS
Visit the CBD homepage featuring our new blog . A new blog will be posted every couple of weeks. Topics already covered on the blog posted every couple of weeks. Topics already covered on the blog include: CBD's mid-initiative update Designing for Completion: the process and progress of Completion by Design, visualizing data,
ways to fail at faculty engagement and a CBD managing project director's perspective on the CBD process.
Resources and Work We Are Watching:
- Achieving the Dream Interventions Showcase: an online, sortable database containing detailed information on Achieving the Dream Colleges’ student success interventions that are being implemented across the nation. Now, national higher education information is at your fingertips. Visit their site to:
- review what new strategies other community colleges are using to support their students’ path to success
- identify student success trends'
- connect with peers to exchange ideas, challenges, and findings
- investigate your specific interests
- find resources
- NCII / CBD Inquiry Guides: approaches and insights emerging from the Completion by Design initiative thus far. Each inquiry guide contains an overarching approach/set of principles, examples, discussion questions, reality checks, references and resources to engage practitioners in community colleges across the country as they consider large-scale redesigns to support and increase student completion and success.
- CCRC's Designing Meaningful Developmental Education Reform Packet: practitioner packet is designed to help community college administrators implement reforms to developmental education at their colleges. It reviews common impediments to developmental reform and presents data that supports directions colleges can take to create a system of developmental education that might serve students more effectively.
Be sure to check our website for more resources in 2014.