STEP 5: Create a Plan
Now it’s time to take the last and critical steps to action – and in the end, this is where the rubber hits the road. Of course, starting implementation is really only the first step in a process of continuous improvement; often the best-laid plans need to be adjusted nearly immediately upon implementation! Knowledge management and learning across the variety of improvement strategies that a college will likely engage in also become critical. It’s also important to consider how to build on the momentum from successful early implementation efforts to pave the way for perhaps more culturally challenging larger-scale changes coming later in a change process. A set of solid key performance indicators – including relatively easily measured early / intermediate milestones – can be a useful tool for this task.
Step 5: Create a Plan has a set of activities which will be tailored given the goal.
- Determine the specific implementation requirements of each strategy, including costs, use of technology, and HR implications
- Detail other proposed changes to instruction, student supports, and admin
- Outline feasibility, potential risks, and mitigation strategies
- Develop rollout and communication plan by stakeholder group
Completion by Design Key Performance Indicators
The CBD initiative’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) represent how progress along the completion pathway could be represented from a quantitative perspective.
Download Completion by Design's Key Perfomance Indicators
- Step 5: How to Create an Executionary, Measurable Plan